Nominations for National Awards for Special Achievement will close tomorrow at 3pm. The National Awards Technical Committee opened nominations for this year’s Awards on 9 May 2013.
The areas for the awards are as follows:
1. Achieving highest rank in an academic or skill training course
2. Achieving the highest academic qualification in the Maldives National Qualifications Framework
3. Achieving the highest rank in an international exhibition or competition
4. Achieving an outstanding accomplishment in the area of fisheries or innovation
5. Outstanding performance of a skill or innovation, to a standard recognized by the government.
The National Awards Technical Committee has this year, changed the criteria for awards in the first area. Awards in the fifth area will be given to resorts that work towards achieving carbon neutrality.
Nomination forms are available at the President’s Office during office hours, and can also be downloaded from the President’s Office website, www.presidencymaldives.gov.mv .